How to Get the Right Spouse:
Adam’s ungratefulness was truly shocking! And the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me—she gave me [fruit] from the tree, and I ate it.” Genesis 3:12. Nevertheless, the mistake of Adam has been corrected by Jesus Christ at the Cross! God is still in charge of marriages. His Spirit is still leading His people on the right direction! The children of God are led by His Spirit (Romans 8:14).God has great plans for His children. The marriages of His children are too important to Him! “I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the LORD, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11.
The institution of marriage is so unique. You receive the certificate before other things. It is expected to last until death! Choosing your spouse is the most important decision in your life. This choice is so important that if you miss it, you will suffer for long. If you get it right then you will enjoy forever. A bad marriage can affect every other area of your life. This subject is so important. So many married people desire to be single again so as to make the right choice. If you are single, please don't just be in a hurry to get married. You have the best opportunity to prepare for it. For two people to come together to live in peace and harmony, they must agree spiritually, mentally and physically.
God wants you to understand that He knew you before He formed you, (Jeremiah 1:5). Yes! He formed you! See Genesis 2:7. You really need God your Creator to discover yourself. You have to discover your destiny; God’s idea concerning your life before looking for your Helpmate (Helper). You do not need the most beautiful woman in the world; you only need the woman who would make your world (destiny/future) beautiful. When a man discovers his purpose on earth, it will be very easy to choose the right partner.
The woman who wants to marry an unbeliever, an occultist, or a man of questionable characters should bear in mind that she is going into the marriage to help him in all his evil ways! No matter how rich a woman is, she will definitely be the helper according to the scripture! You must know what the man is living for. You must understand his plans on earth before considering Him. This is the reason you must rely on God to discover who he really is. Without agreement, it will be very difficult to go or walk on the same direction (Amos 3:3). Marriage is beyond food and sex!
Note: Marriage is a lifetime decision. You must do the necessary things before entering. In the beginning, God made you one. You are not permitted to remarry unless death separates you. It is only the wicked that are permitted to divorce (Matthew 19:4-8).Also, you cannot pray for your spouse to die in order to remarry. It is murder. Such prayer backfires. The following steps should be taken to enable you get the right spouse:
1. Come to the Lord God your maker in order to discover yourself, your destiny and His plans for you. When you give your life to Jesus Christ, instantly, you become a child of God and the Spirit of God starts leading you. (Romans 8:14)
2. Write down the qualities of the man/woman you are expecting. For the woman, the man will come looking for you. ‘He that finds a wife...' Proverbs 18:22. For the man, God will direct your steps. ‘The steps of a good man are ordered by God....’ Psalm 37:23. Ensure you do not have anyone in mind.
3. Avoid sex. It is very easy to know God's will when sex is not involved. The moment sex is involved and you want to know His will, God would not be involved again. Why? You have broken His first Law of NO SEX before marriage. The relationship will only be controlled by emotions. Do not give it out unless he is your spouse otherwise he will take advantage of you. If you keep a sex-free relationship, the man will be fast enough to pay your bride price! He will trust you. Most importantly, God’s presence will be in the relationship. If you have had sex in the past, then you need to repent totally and stay away from each other for some time then you can seek the face of God.
4. Do not compromise. If he/she is not the one, he or she cannot be the right person.
5. When you recognize the one, be humble enough! Accept him or her no matter the present condition.
6. Work on your character.
7. Dwell on Proverbs 31.
Only God knows your right spouse!
For more messages or information about our CHURCH,CLICK HERE or visit:www.savingark.org
For more prayers and counseling,
Saving Ark Christian Ministry,Abuja Nigeria.
Worship God with us:
Sunday: Worship 8.30 am - 11.30am
Tuesday: Bible Studies 6pm
Thursday: Hour of Grace (Genesis 6:8) 6pm
Saturday: Counselling and Prayers 10 am -4pm
Address: NO:1 Levis Nnorom Street opposite Cyprian Ukpabi Street (Road C) Liberty (Arab) Road,Gbazango Extension Kubwa Abuja,Nigeria
Telephone: 08164344458 or 07081831075 Calls from outside Nigeria:2348164344458
You are God's Favourite.
Jesus Christ is Lord.